Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A new beginning...

The title of my blog may be confusing to some. While I claim it to be a design blog intended to document my creative ventures, I find that this point in time leads me in a quite diffferent direction...creativity will nonetheless find its way here from time to time and hopefully will one day be my only topic. For the time being, bear with me while I plod along...

Although this is not my first foray into the bloggosphere, it is my first personal attempt. I have been Rick's ghost writer for a while now on his work-related blog with the alter-ego AltHeatGuy. My usual outlet comes in the form of private journaling - something I picked up when I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer some 4 years ago. It was a means to 'let it all out' without anyone else being the wiser.

Now I find myself in the precarious postition of being the mother of a 28 year old daughter who is 20 weeks pregnant AND newly diagnosed with breast cancer. The questions from well-meaning family and friends have inevitabley already begun and we appreciate the out-pouring of concern, but when you are immersed in the undertow of a cancer diagnosis you have neither the time nor the fortitude to repeat answers to repeated questioning. This, then, will be one way for me to give updates from my perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!