Thursday, January 12, 2012

The devil is in the details

Yesterday I introduced the new pro-life facet of my blogging efforts - Pro-life Designs by Birgit. The post gave readers a quick introduction to my - ahem - spontaneous style and accompanying high hopes for making a pro-life difference. My enthusiasm was in over-drive and I was literally in a tizzy over getting the news out - so eager was I to embark on this new undertaking. Life, however, had other plans. I did all of the usual things that I do when the 2 x 4 of inspiration hits me over the head...rabidly posted, added photos, read and reread my post and with a thrill of adventure I clicked the 'publish' button.

Oh, no!

      ding


          ding 


             ding

The rejection emails started hitting my inbox like so much hail on a window pane. You see, I use Networked Blogs on Facebook and my blog posts are set up to post to four Facebook pages as well as to Tweet on Twitter. But my blog was being rejected as 'spammy'.

Now what?!

I've spent the past 24 hours trying to figure out why Facebook thinks my work is spam...is it a vast left-wing conspiracy? LOL, hardly! I'm not quite that sold on my impact or skills but something is amiss. 'Sparky', as a great circle of Catholic cohorts call the devil, must be trying to dampen my enthusiasm...

Sometimes when I am the most determined and inspired to do something for Faith or Life, old Sparky just rears his ugly head and makes all kinds of mischief. I look at it as a challenge (perhaps a lesson in patience?). I will not give up; I will only work harder. In the mean time, it's going to be up to my friends to help me win this small battle in my war on abortion. So show old Sparky what we're made of. Share my posts and comment on and like them. Help me get around this Facebook glitch.

I may not be able to post in the way I usually do but the devil is in the details and I'm ready to circle the wagons and go around him...mixed metaphors and all!

In His Name for Life,
Birgit J

4 comments:

  1. This coming week I will be in Missouri at the State Captial Building in Jefferson City for the Pro-life Rally there. I will be with Ambassador Alan Keys and Dr. Gregory Thompson. We will also be speaking at Catholic Churches on Apologetics!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! We were fortunate enough to host Alan Keys several years ago in Owensboro. He is a wonderful pro-life advocate and a powerful speaker! May God be with you in your pro-life work!

      Delete
  2. Birgit, did you ever solve your problem? I have this problem now too! I can't post my blog on my own FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that my problem was a feed issue. My solution was to go to http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/name_of_blog_here (use the name of your blog) and click the button that says 'This blog syndicates to 7 targets. Click to manage them'. When you arrive on the link, test the syndicating targets one by one. Somehow this cleared my problem. Good luck!

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!