Saturday, May 26, 2012

Zesty Coleslaw for Barbecue


Memorial Day Weekend! The family will arrive in droves tomorrow after Mass. As usual, our 25 acres and sprawling living space will be the gathering place...have I mentioned that I love my big family?! Rick is a great Sous Chef (this will probably get me in trouble - lol) and Chef in his own right and handles the meat and most breads for our food extravaganzas. One of his favorites is making pulled pork. This year I decided to come up with an accompanying coleslaw recipe that not only compliments this tender, savory meat dish but can also stand on its own. 

I introduce you to my newly created Zesty Coleslaw for Barbecue. Eat it alone or join the southeastern trend of putting it directly ON your sandwich!

NOTE: I cook for a large family so you might want to make half.

  • 2 pkgs Coleslaw mix
  • 2 c Hellmann’s mayonnaise
  • 1 c horseradish spread (comes in a squeeze bottle)
  • ½ c honey
  • 4 T celery seed
  • Seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s) and pepper to taste
  • Optional – one bunch of green onions, finely sliced


Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add coleslaw mix, stir, and chill. Tastes fabulous with (or on) pulled pork sandwiches!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Too bad I didn't see it before this weekend. I guess I will have to wait until July 4th, lol! :-) Thanks for linking with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really compliments meat with a vinegar-based dip. Thanks for the linking opp!

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!