Friday, October 31, 2014

Suffering? Find Solace in God

Who doesn't know someone who is suffering?

Who hasn't felt alone, abandoned, and afraid?

Throughout the Bible, we find those who experience unfathomable pain, illness, grief, and trials. The common thread is that they seek relief by the healing hand of Jesus.

In this vein our daughter, Erika, has opened her heart and poured out her feelings as she experiences yet another migraine day. Her 33 years of life have been filled with both physical and heart-wrenching trials, yet she clings to her faith. I share her words below, in the hope that it will bring solace to others.

+   +   +

We are being tested and God can fix big things in our favor if we ask Him.

O, Most Gracious and Loving God,

I humbly beseech Thee to turn Thy eyes upon my trials. If it be Thy will, resolve the difficulties in my life. Fill me with your Grace, Peace, and Joy even amid suffering.

Through Thee all things are possible. Through Thee all good things come. Through Thee suffering turns to Joy. Through Thee conflict turns to Peace. Through Thee disharmony turns to Grace.

Harden not my heart if my petitions are not answered according to my will, but let me sing Thy praises in Awe and Thanksgiving for Thy Will be done in all things. Amen

This is a prayer, if you believe in God, drop everything and pass it on to as many friends as you feel need it! Perhaps tomorrow will be the best day of your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!