Friday, April 1, 2016

Decisions, Decisions




















Decisions, decisions. Should I stay or should I go? When you don’t fit a particular blogging niche sometimes you’re your worst enemy. Where do I fit? What shall I write about? Who is my audience? These are just a few of the questions I ask myself as I sit and stare at that blinking cursor.

Sometimes I’m a reporter with a conscience - like my posts about the collaboration between Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood. Or the time I exposed the ties between the Salvation Army and abortion.

Other times I challenge my spiritual side and post about how Lenten growth doesn’t have to grow stale after Easter has come and gone.

Then there’s the creative side of me. I love photography – putting on paper what my mind’s eye sees. The little drip of drool on my 6 month old granddaughter’s pink lips. Her ocean blue eyes – so different from the chocolate drop eyes of the rest of our family.

I also love to craft, and draw and plant and nurture and cook and sew. These creative endeavors are a big part of me.

How did I become so diversified? What is my niche? Am I the pedantic who never met a rule she didn’t like or am a flitting butterfly, landing on every fragrant flower that comes into view?

+   +   +

The dog barked (meaning the timer went off on my iPhone) STOP

Note: This is my first effort of linking to with Kate M for  5 Minute Fridays #fmf
What a fun idea! Next Friday set your timer on five minute, type until it goes off, and stop. That's all there is to it. You might find it as enjoyable as I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!