Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Drawing a Relgious Line On Politics



I am finished. After praying over it with a heavy heart last night, I have decided that I am too attentive to politics. While I will remain informed, I will tear myself away from the constant soap opera/demonic distractions and focus on the Eternal.

My decision has been made according to the priorities given to all Catholic Christians - abortion is the guiding factor because it is an intrinsic evil upon which all other rights hinge. Without life, there can be no other rights.

I listened to an excellent presentation by Matthew Kelly last night before bed. He spoke of the 7 Pillars of Catholic Spirituality. This is the type of thing to which I will be listening - rather than Rush or Levin. My soul is hurting, my mind is tired, and my spirit wants to escape to the comfort of God.

It remains to be seen how successful I will be - there is so much at stake and no clear answer - but I am going to try and pray for the strength to succeed.

My Rosary this morning brought me more clarity. It will be tempted to be drawn back in, God help me resist. I will most likely vote for Trump (really Pence) this November, because reluctantly, I know this is the right thing for me to do. So I do not need convincing or more information. My well-formed conscience has made a choice and now I need to discipline myself by stepping out of the fray.

I love you, my friends and pray you will also resist the temptation to make every day about too many worldly things.

Put on the New Self


1Therefore, if you be risen with Christ, seek the things that are above; where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God: 2Mind the things that are above, not the things that are upon the earth. 3For you are dead; and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ shall appear, who is your life, then you also shall appear with him in glory.
5Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is the service of idols. 6For which things the wrath of God cometh upon the children of unbelief, 7In which you also walked some time, when you lived in them. 8But now put you also all away: anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy, filthy speech out of your mouth. 9Lie not one to another: stripping yourselves of the old man with his deeds, 10And putting on the new, him who is renewed unto knowledge, according to the image of him that created him. 11Where there is neither Gentile nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian nor Scythian, bond nor free. But Christ is all, and in all.
12Put ye on therefore, as the elect of God, holy, and beloved, the bowels of mercy, benignity, humility, modesty, patience: 13Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if any have a complaint against another: even as the Lord hath forgiven you, so do you also. 14But above all these things have charity, which is the bond of perfection: 15And let the peace of Christ rejoice in your hearts, wherein also you are called in one body: and be ye thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you abundantly, in all wisdom: teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual canticles, singing in grace in your hearts to God. 17All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Collossians 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!